Dr. Jane Philpott, Founder of Give a Day writes…Time to get going on a new idea to keep attention on HIV in the world – with the ultimate goal of a world without AIDS!
Been thinking about how everyone loves a challenge. Many health-related foundations gather great energy and support from runs, walks, bike-a-thons – you name it!
Since I’m not remotely an athlete myself, yet forever seeking ways to expand the Give a Day campaign, I thought we should develop a Marathon of the Mind.
Another inspiration for this plan comes from the fact that I am now a confirmed Twitter addict. Happy to have finally clued in to this great tool for connecting with creative & inspiring people all over the world.
So, the ingredients of this Marathon of the Mind will be:
– Raising awareness about HIV in the world
– Inspiring more people to give a day’s pay
– Takes place on World AIDS Day, December 1
– Happens Live on Twitter
– Includes people from around the world
– Educates about HIV and the places most affected by HIV
– Kind of like a trivia contest but HIV is not a trivial (trifling, unimportant) matter, so this will be a “not-so trivial” challenge
With great anticipation, may I introduce you to GLINT!
The GLINT challenge is the
Give a Day
Many more detail to follow. But for now, start putting together a GLINT team from your workplace, community, family or friends. Set aside one hour. On December 1 at 12 noon EST, the world will gather for GLINT. We will Connect, Collaborate & Contribute toward a world without AIDS!